52veggie

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Vegetarian Tortilla Soup (Vegan)

From 52veggie
My husband kept saying he wanted tortilla soup, so I did a little web searching and came across this recipe from the Epicurious site. I'm not sure the 15 minutes of simmering really did anything to the flavor, but I liked the suggestion of of the reviewers made to add fresh avocado to the top. I substituted a can of tomatoes for the fresh ones, and still between the various veggies, the zucchini, fresh cilantro, and avocado, this was a deliciously fresh tasting soup for the middle of the winter.

I have this idea in my head that I'd like to try someday - quesadilla soup. Instead of chopping up tortillas in strips, what about first making quesadillas and then chopping them up in strips and adding them to the soup? I think it could be delicious, but I wanted a vegan recipe.

Categories: Beans, Soup, Tomatoes, Vegan, Zucchini

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home