52veggie

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Kugel

From 52veggie
I first had this at a potluck of sorts in Atlanta. This simple recipe is from a friend who got it from her grandmother.

Amy says, "This makes one kugel; I always double the recipe and make two, because it doesn't last long around my family!"

Amy's Grandma's Kugel

8 oz. wide egg noodles (Manischewitz is a good brand)
2-3 eggs (I've done both and prefer 3)
1/2 tbsp salt*
1 1/2 tbsp canola oil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook noodles slightly softer than al dente. Drain and return to pot. Beat eggs with salt. Mix egg-salt mixture and oil into noodles until they're well-coated. Transfer noodle mixture into a round nonstick cake pan. Bake thirty minutes or until it starts to brown (you can go a bit longer if you need to).

You can serve it warm or at room temperature.

I personally think it makes a great snack, lunch on the go, or total comfort food. I get to the point where I crave it (I suppose that's the definition of a comfort food!).

*I double checked this amount with Amy. She says it is right, and likes it salty, but I prefer to use 1/2 - 1 tsp rather than 1 1/2.

Categories: Eggs, Comfort Food, Pasta, Speedy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home