52veggie

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Claddagh Salad (vegan)

From 52veggie
This salad is a blatant mimic of the one I used to get at the Claddagh Restaurant and Pub in Indianapolis, IN.

Easy breezy! Salad, bell peppers, fresh green beans (boiled and dunked in ice water), boiled red potatoes, cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced nuts (I used almonds here), and there you go.

I have to admit, I often eat this the vegetarian way, with boiled eggs and blue cheese dressing. Sometimes I even go non-vegetarian and add smoked salmon (sounds weird, but does tie everything together nicely). It's hearty enough to be a light meal, and can be as complicated or as simple as you make it.

What is your favorite salad?

Categories: Green Beans, Lettuce, Nuts Peppers, Potatoes, Salad, Tomatoes, Vegan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home