52veggie

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Warm White Beans and Savory Bread Pudding

Sometimes it is easy to eat the same food over and over as a vegetarian. Obviously that's the reason I started this blog. I've started to try combinations of food from different cookbooks to create different types of meals.

For this meal, I was going after the French provencal style of dinner, and ended up choosing the Warm White Beans recipe from Everyday Greens and the Savory Bread Pudding recipe from Moosewood Simple Suppers.

I had to return these books to the library so I don't have the recipes in front of me, sadly. I would say the beans were more successful than the bread pudding - the bread pudding just didn't have enough flavor with the cheese and green onions. I think if I were to make it again I might add broth to the custard and garlic to the onions.

The warm white beans, on the other hand, were simply magnificent. They cooked quickly but tasted as if they had been cooking all day. That's exactly the kind of dish I want sometimes, after a stressful day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home